Construction on PCH - April 2014 through April 2015
The Annenberg Community Beach House and Back on the Beach Café are open and accessible during the construction project on PCH. The City of LA is installing a new sewer line beginning Tuesday, April 15. The project is anticipated to take a year and during this time the far-right southbound lane of PCH will be closed. The closure will begin at The Beach Club, just south of Chautauqua Boulevard and end at the Annenberg Community Beach House. Construction will not affect the main entrance to the Beach House. Visitors may encounter traffic as a result of the closure.
Starting Wednesday, April 30, 2014, traffic control for construction activities on PCH between Annenberg Beach House (415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica) to The Beach Club (201 Palisades Beach Road, Santa Monica) will be as followed:
- 7:00 am - 10:00 am - There will be three southbound (SB) lanes and two northbound (NB) lanes. Left turns into and out of driveways will be prohibited.
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm - Two SB lanes and two NB lanes will be provided. A ten foot center buffer lane will be provided for left-turn access to driveways.
- 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Three NB lanes and two SB lanes will be provided. Left turns into and out of driveways will be prohibited.
- If traveling Northbound on PCH, you will be unable to turn left on the properties on the west side of the project site. This DOES NOT AFFECT the Beach House main entrance driveway. This affects properties north of the Beach House, including The Beach Club, up to Entrada Dr. To access driveways north of the Beach House affected by construction, turn right at Entrada Drive, make a legal u-turn, and then left onto PCH heading south.
- Night work - 9:00 pm - 5:00 am - Two NB lanes and one SB lane will be provided.
Signs will also be posted for bicyclist and pedestrian detours.
For more information, please visit:
The Annenberg Community Beach House is located on the beach at 415 Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica, California. From the beach side, it is directly east of County Lifeguard Tower 4 - north of the Santa Monica Pier and south of Will Rogers State Beach. The Pacific Coast Bike Trail winds along the western edge of the facility. Use this helpful Access Map to find your best route here!
Bike, Run, Walk
The Beach House is easily accessible by foot or by bike from the beach bike path. There is ample bike parking at racks throughout the site - remember to bring your own lock.
Head toward the ocean to Pacific Coast Highway, turn into the Beach House at the Beach House Way traffic light. When parking, note the number of your stall and pay at the Park & Pay machines located in each section of the lot. Our lots have 14 preferred parking spaces for fuel efficient vehicles and 12 handicapped spaces. Guests with valid handicapped placards displayed may park in the Beach House lot at no charge. View site map.
A limited number of parking reservations are available during summer pool season; the majority of spaces in the parking lot remain available for Park & Pay use during summer. For the remainder of the year, parking is available for Park & Pay only.
November - March: $3/hour, $8/day
April - October: $3/hour, $12/day
Parking Lot Hours
December - February: 7am - 7 pm
March - April: 7 am - 8 pm
May - September: 7 am - 9 pm
October - November: 7am - 8 pm
Check Santa Monica's City-Wide Parking Map for updated information about available space in the Beach House parking lot and surrounding lots along Pacific Coast Highway.
The Big Blue Bus stops at the intersection of Entrada Dr/Channel Rd and Pacific Coast Highway, about 1/4 mile north of the Beach House. Use the underground walking path to get across PCH to the beach, and then head south along the bike path toward the Beach House.
Visit the Big Blue Bus website for route and schedule information.