The California Incline is closing April 20, 2015. See ROAD CLOSURES >
Annenberg Community Beach House
415 Pacific Coast Highway *
Santa Monica, CA, 90402
*Important: In some navigational systems the address may appear as 415 Palisades Beach Road, Santa Monica, CA. Questions? Call 310-458-4904
From Los Angeles:
Take the 10 West, which will become Pacific Coast Highway when it reaches the beach. At the second traffic light, Beach House Way, turn left into the parking lot.
Take Pacific Coast Highway south. Turn right at Beach House Way, into the parking lot.
From Santa Monica (downtown):
Head west towards Ocean Ave. Turn left at Ocean Ave. Turn right at Moomat Ahiko Way (after Colorado/the pier entrance) which will have signs for Pacific Coast Highway. Turn left at Beach House Way into our parking lot.
Parking Lot Hours
|Apr - Oct:
|Nov - Mar:
Parking Lot Hours
- Parking is available year-round on a first come, first served basis.
- Pay by space number at the Park & Pay machine when you arrive.
- Note the number of your stall and pay at the Park & Pay machines located in each section of the lot.
- Our lots have 14 preferred parking spaces for fuel efficient vehicles and 12 handicapped spaces.
- Guests with valid handicapped placards displayed may park in the Beach House lot at no charge.
- View site map >
||7am - 7pm
||7am - 8pm
||7am - 9pm
|Oct - Nov:
||7am - 8 pm
Additional parking lots 8 & 9 are just south of the Beach House, within walking distance.
Check Santa Monica's City-Wide Parking Map for updated information about the Beach House parking lot and lots Pacific Coast Highway.
- Reservations are never required to visit the Beach House.
- 50 prepaid reservations are available online during the summer pool season only.
- Parking reservations must be redeemed by 11am. After 11am a prepaid parking pass will be issued, however parking space is not guaranteed.
- Reservations may be made 1-3 days in advance at Reserve Santa Monica. Search keyword PARKING under "Activities" and select an available date.
BIKE, RUN, WALK
The Beach House is easily accessible by foot or by bike from the beach bike path. From the beach we are directly east of County Lifeguard Tower 4, north of the Santa Monica Pier and south of Will Rogers State Beach.
The Marvin Braude Bike Trail (beach bike path) runs along the beach side of the grounds. For bike paths in Santa Monica, click here. Bike racks are available in four areas on site - remember to bring your own lock! Securing bikes to railings or gates is not permitted.
The Access Map can help you find the best route here. However it still shows the California Incline as a route. Please note the California incline will close for construction on April 20, 2015 for at least a year. See the City of Santa Monica's website for more details.
The Big Blue Bus #9 stops at the intersection of Entrada Dr/Channel Rd and Pacific Coast Highway, about 1/4 mile north of the Beach House. Use the underground walking path to get across PCH to the beach, and then head south along the bike path toward the Beach House.
Visit the Big Blue Bus website for route and schedule information.
Visitors may encounter traffic as a result of road closures. However, the construction will not affect the main entrance to the Beach House.
PCH CONSTRUCTION- APRIL 2014 through JUNE 30, 2015
The City of LA is installing a new sewer line and the project is anticipated to continue through June 30, 2015. During this time the far-right southbound lane of PCH will be closed and the left northbound lane closes just before the Beach House Way light. For more information, see http://pchpartners.org/factsheets/CIRSNoticeProjectMapFinal.pdf
CALIFORNIA INCLINE CLOSURE - APRIL 2015 through SUMMER 2015
Beginning the week of April 20, 2015, the CA incline will close for approximately 12-14 months to safely demolish and reconstruct a new bridge. Travelers who use the Incline will be directed to utilize temporary detour routes to access the beach and I-10 freeway. Details can be found on the City of Santa Monica website or sign up to receive updates on the closure.